Electrical wire protective sleeve

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.
I need to replace the wiring protective sleeve on my lathe and add one as well. I need some recommendations on tipe and if you think I would be able to purchase some on Aliexpress or eBay. I guess the metal braided kind would be best. How would you describe it when searching for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

I’ve seen it called “ braided metal sheathing”, “ braided metal sleeving”, and “braided metal shielding”. Any of those will get you a ton of hits.

-frank

I use the black plastic accordion style that is available at electrical supply outlets. It is slit along the length and is easy to install.
There is also a straight rigid type that is white. It is self adhesive and easy to install. Called channel or raceway and is also available at electrical supply outlets.
Unless the code calls for something metallic, the plastic stuff works well.

Last edited:
When I added optical homing to my Tormach and a 3 axis DRO to my lathe, I used the flexible conduit like is used with the Easson style glass DRO's.
On the Tormach, where I use flood coolant, I covered the conduit with oil resistant PVC tubing.

Back