Electro Mechano's High speed precision drill press

shocktower

Registered
Registered
So today at a estate sale I purchased this machine, spent $150, I noticed a few problems, I will be calling them tomorrow for parts, I love it you can buy new parts for my machines. It is a very cool machine with speeds from 1000- 10.000 RPM, run out is .0025 with a chuck, but with collets they say run out is .0002 :nuts:. The drill bit size is from 80-5/32, my son and I are making folding pocket knives so thi is perfect for drilling detent holes and to top the day off I scored a set of B&S 123 blocks for $ 7.50 :whistle:

Drill press.jpg

I needed some parts for my Rusnok mill - simple things, like slide clamp levers. Fit and finish was nasty. One of the pieces wasn't even coated!!! And holy cow were they expensive. I paid for them anyway, as I want the machine as close to original as possible, but I could have done better myself, and that's lame. Hope your experience is better.

Regardless, nice score!!!

I want to revise my position on ElectroMechano, if I may...

This weekend I went to town cleaning up my Rusnok Model 850. Not that is was particularly messy, mind you, but a clean machine makes me happy. In the process of getting rid of some of the old oil buildup (that grimy yellow-brown film that gets on it over the course of ages), I accidentally wiped the model plate with the paper towel and acetone I was using, and smeared the painted on information. GAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Hoping against hope, I called this morning, and the person I spoke with hooked me up with a new one, including the serial number stamp! We spoke briefly on the future of these machines, and how difficult it's been for them, as each one they've sold recently has effectively been sold at a loss. They just can't afford to make them, and have suspended manufacturing of them.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I felt it was important to update my experience with the company, and do it where both posts could be seen.

I want to revise my position on ElectroMechano, if I may...

This weekend I went to town cleaning up my Rusnok Model 850. Not that is was particularly messy, mind you, but a clean machine makes me happy. In the process of getting rid of some of the old oil buildup (that grimy yellow-brown film that gets on it over the course of ages), I accidentally wiped the model plate with the paper towel and acetone I was using, and smeared the painted on information. GAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Hoping against hope, I called this morning, and the person I spoke with hooked me up with a new one, including the serial number stamp! We spoke briefly on the future of these machines, and how difficult it's been for them, as each one they've sold recently has effectively been sold at a loss. They just can't afford to make them, and have suspended manufacturing of them.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I felt it was important to update my experience with the company, and do it where both posts could be seen.

Back