Electrolysis, and cast iron.

If you do the electrolysis on the leadscrew, take and put it up in the lathe and polish the thread with some pieces of 150 grit emery cloth. It'll take several passes, but after a while, it will start getting nice and shiney. This is what I do when cleaning lead screws on the machines I rebuild. Of course, if they are too worn, I make new ones.

If you do the electrolysis on the leadscrew, take and put it up in the lathe and polish the thread with some pieces of 150 grit emery cloth. It'll take several passes, but after a while, it will start getting nice and shiney. This is what I do when cleaning lead screws on the machines I rebuild. Of course, if they are too worn, I make new ones.
Yes will do, thanks

Hi all.
First post.
Jumping in with both feet here since my hands have been in it for a week.
My love of electrolysis is how well it lifts the paint. So far my 'new' project has responded well to my spooge brew.
I use all three Mole asses Vinagarette and Electrolysis depending on how much care or time a piece warrents.
After the six drawers finish soaking in the M barrel I'll use it for electrolysis of the bed (will have to flip it).
My project is a SB heavy 10 RN 54"

Back