Electronic Preset Gauge

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Worthwhile to use? Found one in my toolbox.

If you have or plan to have a CNC mill that will come in handy.

Use one like all the time to zet my Z-Axis Zero. While I am using a CNC, I don't see why it is not just as useful to set the Z-Axis zero point for manual operations as well.

Yeah, I'll give it a try.
So you touch off with your tool on to the gauge. When the light goes off you look the quill. Then you know you're exactly two inches for the work. Moove the knee up accordingly.?

A tool setter, use it since you already have it, think of if it as a contact edge finder for the Z axis, it is no better or worse then any other method, if you use a good deal of solid carbide mill tooling it will help.

Yeah, I'll give it a try.
So you touch off with your tool on to the gauge. When the light goes off you look the quill. Then you know you're exactly two inches for the work. Moove the knee up accordingly.?

You got it.

Use one like all the time to zet my Z-Axis Zero. While I am using a CNC, I don't see why it is not just as useful to set the Z-Axis zero point for manual operations as well.

Many home shop machinists have never used a machine that has no handles or mechanical hand wheels connected to leadscrews and have never experienced the joy of running a tool into the part with a jog button (-:

Back