Elliot #5 universal grinder

Marcduper

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in a Elliott #5 universal tool and die grinder.
Does anyone know anything about this machine? It has a ton of attachments and looks very unused.

Anyone know the weight, problems, manuals, or any other kind of information?

Thanks in advance, Marc

here ya go

00r0r_cI8ACDzGs93_1200x900.jpg

Tool grinders are pretty worthless without their attachments, and there are lots of them. What all does it come with?

Have you got it home? It is nearly all about the attachments. There are many 3rd party attachments that will fit. The attachments are where the money is. Have you more pictures?

Is the picture what you get , not many attachments on it ? I guess it depends on what you want to grind ? The invention of carbide inserts has about killed most of the companies who did cutter grinding.

Even after carbide tooling was made the industry standard, there are still many toolroom operations able to be performed on cutter grinders, such as limited cylindrical and surface grinding and sharpening of gear cutters and other form relieved cutters and saw type cutters, plain mills and stagger tooth cutters; these types of cutters have not been largely replaced by carbide tooling for some classes of work.
I have several items of Cincinnati tooling that I'd like to sell, including centers, rotary workhead with motor attachment, air bearing end mill sharpening attachment and a form relieved cutter sharpening attachment.

Back