Ellis 1100 Bandsaw Restoration And Modifications

Final Assembly Continues

Here are the latest.

Head Assembly - 05.JPG Head Assembly - 06.JPG Head Assembly - 07.JPG Head Assembly - 08.JPG Head Assembly - 09.JPG Head Assembly - 10.JPG Head Assembly - 11.JPG

Very Nice Randy!!!! Did you get your Logan rebuilt yet?

Dwayne

Randy, that band saw has got me envious, and thats saying a lot. I typically don't get envious. :LOL: That band saw would be perfect for me. Your restoration is top notch. I'll bet it didn't even look that good when it was brand spankin new.

Marcel

Randy,
Really nice job! Impressed with the paint job.
I usually want to get onto the next thing, so the paint never happens for me. Looks great!
Larry

Wow..........just wow!

Thanks!

Very Nice Randy!!!! Did you get your Logan rebuilt yet?

Dwayne

DWAYNE! You sure have been quiet lately. Hope everything is well and OK in your world? Sorry, the Logan is still awaiting its turn. I am hoping to get to it this summer now but, you know how life has a way of getting IN THE WAY sometimes. What's new with you?

Randy, that band saw has got me envious, and thats saying a lot. I typically don't get envious. :LOL: That band saw would be perfect for me. Your restoration is top notch. I'll bet it didn't even look that good when it was brand spankin new.

Marcel

Thank you Marcel. Not bad for a foam roller then? The major large parts all done with a foam roller for the gray.

Randy,
Really nice job! Impressed with the paint job.
I usually want to get onto the next thing, so the paint never happens for me. Looks great!
Larry

Thank you Larry. The saw is done in a mixture of powder coat and enamel paint with a foam roller. I am the other type, I sweat the details and take my time doing them. I like my stuff to look as good as they work. I am not saying you don't, but it is who I am. Oh, don't get me wrong, I have all kinds of other projects waiting their turn also.

Randy, just been trying to catch up on knife orders, but I did get an ER40 Collet Chuck ordered for my Logan 1920-1, and ordered a set of collets. Looking forward to them coming in. I have the ER collets for my other two lathes and really love'm. You did an outstanding job on the band saw. I love all the pictures. I've got a 6"x18" surface grinder all tore apart waiting patiently for me. But like you said, life has a way of getting us distracted.

Dwayne

Randy, I did get an ER40 Collet Chuck ordered for my Logan 1920-1, and ordered a set of collets. Looking forward to them coming in. I have the ER collets for my other two lathes and really love'm.

Dwayne

I would like to see how you make this work once you get everthing. Where did you purchase them from?

Randy, as noted this bandsaw is going to look better than new when you finish it. Heck, it looks better than new now!

Are you using stainless steel bolts for the reassembly?

Thank you JS. You are sharp eye. Actually, yes, I am selectively using them. Mostly for eye candy.

Getting closer, here is more of my progress.

Blade Guides 1.JPG Blade Guides 2.JPG Powder Coated Parts.JPG

Back