Ellis 1100 Bandsaw Restoration And Modifications

Randy,

That is one beautiful saw! Your attention to detail is amazing. Great job!!!

Steve

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this one but I am glad I found it. Cool saw and a first class restore. Beautiful work! I have a band saw to restore myself, maybe when the weather warms up a bit.

Better than new Randy!!!--good job--I've got about 8 to 10 saws that could need restoring if you have a lot of free time--just kidding-----not about having 10 saws though--reality sets in---Dave

I don't know how I missed this one but I am glad I found it. Cool saw and a first class restore. Beautiful work! I have a band saw to restore myself, maybe when the weather warms up a bit.

Better than new Randy!!!--good job--I've got about 8 to 10 saws that could need restoring if you have a lot of free time--just kidding-----not about having 10 saws though--reality sets in---Dave

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the acknowledgement. Now get to the shop and start your restorations.

Randy, I got the ER40 Collet Chuck in this weekend, I'll try to get a picture of it and get it posted, I bought it from "http://www.shop.tallgrasstools.com" I'm looking forward to using it,

Dwayne

Heck with a brand new Ellis. I want a Randy! Just absolutely amazing. Thanks for linking to it in today's bandsaw post.

Bob

Years back when I had my manufacturing company, I bought the Ellis 1600. It was an excellent machine. It had a little rotary wire brush that rubbed against the blade at an angle and that helped to keep chips clear of the teeth. Ellis offered a solenoid operated air blast kit in lieu of coolant.

The saw was a workhorse and I think the only part we had to replace was the down feed cylinder. I seem to recall that Ellis recommended 8 lbs of down pressure on the blade.

Another excellent machine of theirs is the belt grinder. It is pricey but what a wonderful machine it was. We used ours almost every day.

I never had time to restore my tool to the standard I wished to. It was always
buy something I needed, fix what was needed, Muck it , oil it and use it.
But I was lucky, my work turned out Fine. Of course in the end, I had a
Reputation no money and no shop, and cruddy tools that went to a friend.
You do lovely Work, I offer great admiration ! ........BLJHB.

I love that Heinrich style vise. Never seen one on a saw. I am a big fan of Ellis products. As usual, great work.

Randy

Back