Ellis 1600 bandsaw arrives

Very informative post Alan, seeing that Elite Metal Tools is about 90 mins. from me I think I'll go buy a Ellis 1600 too. :)

Thanks Pete

Very informative post Alan, seeing that Elite Metal Tools is about 90 mins. from me I think I'll go buy a Ellis 1600 too. :)

Thanks Pete

Warning!

You are going to really, really, really like it. ;)

Hahaha Thanks Randy! I cut mostly carbon based steel and a lot of aluminum. What would you recommend for a extra blade?? I was thinking a 4/6VT more for cutting aluminum? I currently have a cheapy 4 x 6 saw that I'm going to take up to our cabin, and just sold a cold saw that I got tired of dealing with the coolant mess and lack of cutting capacity.

Pete

Randy's right, I really like mine. It gets used often.

Thanks Alan, I bet!! A friend of mine owns a fab shop and they have had a couple Ellis saws in service for well over 20 years and their still going strong, for the money I think these saws are hard to beat..

Hahaha Thanks Randy! I cut mostly carbon based steel and a lot of aluminum. What would you recommend for a extra blade?? I was thinking a 4/6VT more for cutting aluminum? I currently have a cheapy 4 x 6 saw that I'm going to take up to our cabin, and just sold a cold saw that I got tired of dealing with the coolant mess and lack of cutting capacity.

Pete

Pete,

I have an Ellis 1100 saw and use their blades. I believe the blades are bi-metal and variable teeth (12-14T). I am going from memory here and maybe wrong. I can check if you like. I know the blades last me a long time.

Thanks again Randy, I'll give Ellis a call and see what they recommend, maybe I'm wrong but I thought you were supposed to run a coarser blade for softer materials? I have been known to be wrong before! lol

Thanks again Randy, I'll give Ellis a call and see what they recommend, maybe I'm wrong but I thought you were supposed to run a coarser blade for softer materials? I have been known to be wrong before! lol

You are correct, I don't always do things by the book. :eek 2:

And I do run both steel and aluminum.

Congrats / Very nice!! If I ever buy another bandsaw it will be an Ellis just like yours.
Been living with a Ramco acquired for free. It works decent after much tlc but nowhere near as nice as that bad boy will.

Back