ELS on Mini-Lathe?

FWIW, Here is my cost for materials for the Clough42 ELS build.
ELS Build.JPG

Edit: not included are switches, connectors, and wiring, all of which I had on hand.

Ok admit it...if you could, you would, right!?

Oh sure! I would love to have one of those huge machines that could. I suspect the wife would use me to fertilize the garden though. :)

Well, I decided to go ahead with the ELS conversion on my mini-lathe.

I started ordering parts going with the electronics first and doing the mechanical last to keep the lathe usable as long as possible. This was the same thing I did for my mill CNC conversion.

Well, I decided to go ahead with the ELS conversion on my mini-lathe.

I started ordering parts going with the electronics first and doing the mechanical last to keep the lathe usable as long as possible. This was the same thing I did for my mill CNC conversion.
I'm glad you have decided to go ahead with your plan, I hope you take step by step pictures and share them with us.

I'll try. I've generated a part list and started ordering parts. It will definitely be a journey, but it should be a lot easier than my CNC conversion on my mill.

Okay, I got some questions already. I'm not sure if I should ask them here or join the large ELS thread. But, here goes!

In any case, I downloaded the latest version of Code Composer Studio, V 10.1.0. When it came to debug options, it didn't list the option Clough42 selected (TI XDS Debug Probe Support). After reading some comments on his video (Part 10), I decided to go back to V 9.1.0. Is this correct?

Next, I wasn't sure which version of the ELS project I should download from github. Clough42 used V 1.0.03. I downloaded V 1.1.02. Is this correct?

I used v. 9.1.0 but that was back in December. I loaded v. 1.0.03 of the Clough42 firmware. Everything works for me.

I *think* version 1.1.02 works with V2 of the interface PCB which I ordered from Clough42 on eBay.

So, I have some more questions on setting up Clough42's ELS. I'm wondering if I should:
  1. continue here
  2. join/add to the massive ELS thread here
  3. create a new thread dedicated to Clough42's ELS
Thoughts?

I would say if the questions are about your particular application/machine, a new thread with the machine in the title. This thread is probably fine as well. If it's a common one to the ELS setup that others would run into, it might make sense to use a common thread like the big ELS thread.

We aren't too picky around here usually.

Back