Emco Compact 8 dimension request

Thank you! Sure can! His drawings are in the previous posts and if you mean the follow rest that is a CAD file which I have at work. Can you use that?

Hi Steve, I can certainly use a CAD file! I usually work in Inventor (Autodesk), and it's capable of importing a range of file types. Should I specify which file type is most useful in this case? Otherwise I can check if the type you've got availiable is compatible with Inventor. Thanks for your effort! :)

Hello Vincent.

Sure I can export files as a IGS or a XT (para solid) if either one is better for you . Just let me know:<) Are you just after the follow rest?

Cheers:encourage:

Hi Steve,

I'll have a look tomorrow at work what format will work best, thanks for thinking along :) Right now my focus is on the follower rest. The steady rest was included in the purchase, luckily. If you have detailed CAD building plans that would be perfect!

Thanks again!
Vincent

Hi Steve, it seems Inventor will accept both IGS and XT. I'm not sure which is the better, or what the possibilities may be of data loss due to conversion. Would it be possible for you to export the file in both formats to be on the safe side? That would also give me an oppertunity to see how these different formats of the same file turn out in Inventor. Thanks again!

Vincent

Hello Vincent, can you PM me your e-mail address as they don't attach well on this site and I will send you both:<)

I will PM you my email so you have that to send too.

Last edited:
I had not seen your thread... You are amazing. And the folks that have taken the time to measure and share dimensions, wow! What a great feeling reading through this thread.

So you pretty much built a lathe!! And from hand written drawings share by other forum members... This is impressive in so many ways.

And here I was giving sh** on the broken knob, hahahahahahaha, I am so sorry for that. You all ROCK!!

As for me?

we-are-worthless.gif

Back