Emco leveling feet

mds30br

Registered
Registered
I pulled the trigger on an Emco v13 and I am in the process of cleaning it and learning its ins and outs.
All the threads on the machine are metric, and I am looking to get some leveling feet. There are a total of 4 pairs of holes in the two bases of the machine - each pair has one threaded (I.d measures just under 14mm) and one non threaded (measures at .780 ish close to 20mm).
1) anyone know the pitch for the threaded portion?
2) Can i just use the non threaded hole for the leveling feet?
Also open to recommended brands of feet. Mcmaster has some that look good, and I am unable to use the leveling pad that PM sells as the surface is uneven beneath the cabinet to where the holes are drilled ( the plate the holes are in is recessed).

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I made some for my LeBlond 13 this weekend. Obviously I could have made them in two pieces and it would have been a lot easier, but what fun would that be. The holes in the legs weren't threaded. I used 7/16 -20 threads. It gave me a chance to do some hogging and threading on the Hendey.20180210_152940.jpg20180211_095929.jpg
I was originally planning on milling holes for a spanner but decided to mill flats on them instead. The LeBlond is sitting deadnuts level.

I remember Mikey mentioning some very good leveling feet. Can't remember the brand, but I remember they looked very good.
Maybe Mikey can chime in here. He has always been a great source of information and recommendations. I can't find the thread.

Thanks, Emilio. They were Royal Machine Mounts: http://www.royalproducts.com/img/category/upload/Machine_Mounts.pdf

The typical Emco lathe stand has two holes, one threaded and the other a through hole. You can use either one. I'm sorry, I don't know what the V13 thread size is but it is larger than the one my Super 11 uses. I'm pretty sure the Royal Mount will fit in the unthreaded hole in your stand, Mike.

There are many other options, including leveling casters and solid machine mounts. Most industrial supply houses carry them or you can make your own like Chuck did.

Thanks, Emilio. They were Royal Machine Mounts: http://www.royalproducts.com/img/category/upload/Machine_Mounts.pdf

The typical Emco lathe stand has two holes, one threaded and the other a through hole. You can use either one. I'm sorry, I don't know what the V13 thread size is but it is larger than the one my Super 11 uses. I'm pretty sure the Royal Mount will fit in the unthreaded hole in your stand, Mike.

There are many other options, including leveling casters and solid machine mounts. Most industrial supply houses carry them or you can make your own like Chuck did.

Thanks so much, guys. I will check out the royal machine mounts and likely go with the non threaded hole.
Can't wait to get this thing running...then to make a thread chased.

Back