Emco maximat V13 chuck

btcc

Registered
Registered
My lathe has original emco chuck 160mm and today i buy another same chuck . As i clean it i saw that on the back side has a code under the serial number . This code is different than the code on my chuck . My chuck has the code Z0 and the other chuck that i buy today has Z11 .Does anyone know what this codes is ?

20171024_190608.jpg

20171024_190737.jpg

As far as I know, Emco did not publish information on their chucks according to their Z-designation. They used DIN and part numbers so its hard to classify them. Most Emco chucks are made by Rohm and the Z0, which I also own, is typical of a German-made Rohm chuck. To confuse things, Emco also had a high quality Austrian-made 3 jaw chuck that was designated as a Z0 chuck. However, the design and quality are much different from the Rohm/Emco Z0 chuck.

Sorry to be of no help.

Thank you for your informations . My chucks has emblem emco and stamp made in austria and max rpm 4400

The Austrian-made chuck is a precision chuck that seems to be made to tighter tolerances. I use mine on my Emco Super 11 and really like it. The Rohm chuck is my backup chuck.

Not to hijack the thread, I recently bought a nice slightly used 10" Rohm 3-jaw chuck I adapted to my new old Sheldon lathe. I was quite impressed with how close it would hold T.I.R. within 0.0015" and almost the same 6" out from the chuck, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to hijack the thread, I recently bought a nice slightly 10" Rohm 3-jaw chuck I adapted to my new old Sheldon lathe. I was quite impressed with how close it would hold T.I.R. within 0.0015" and almost the same 6" out from the chuck, too.

Under 0.002" for a three jaw is pretty nice, Ken, especially on a chuck that size. Impressive.

Amazing how an Emco lathe holds its value, especially in the eyes of the seller. Part of the cost is for the milling attachment, which is marginally useful. If you ever have a chance to work on one you will be impressed at the build quality of these machines - simple, precise, and consistently accurate.

Back