Emco maximat v13 manual

PatrickLucas

Registered
Registered
Have looked in all manuals, used search function can not locate a manual any help would be appreciated.

The manuals are in the download section of this forum. You have to be a supporter to access them but I've downloaded them for you because it sucks to be manual-less.

Attachments

• Maximat V13.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • MaximatV13 Operating Manual.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 185
I have a metric machine but the gears in the manual are different to what my lathe came with. ????

I have a metric machine but the gears in the manual are different to what my lathe came with. ????

Not sure what you mean - are you saying that your metric lathe has Imperial gears in it or that it has metric gears but just not the ones the manuals says should be there?

In any case, you should source the correct gears for your lathe so it works the way it should, then find a complete set of metric change gears for it. A QCGB is nice to have but it won't do it all.

I didnt look further down on the pdf . I was looking at the imperial machine,not the metric.What my lathe does have that seems very rare is that it has a permanent gap and a very long topslide to compensate.I would have to say it a monumental stuff up and I am suprised Emco would be able to make such a stuff up.

Have any pictures? I have been cleaning mine up, and I think mines the 850mm special machine. It's just over 1200mm headstock to end of the bed. I think I have some odd add-ons. Tool post is to expensive for me to even order extra holders. Think my Chuck is also of the high dollar veriety.

Have some more stuff on the way.

Oh, buddy, you own an Emco lathe and high dollar is something you'll have to get used to. Parts are no longer made for these lathes and you are competing with the rest of the Emco-owning world for those parts. Many parts can be made but some, like the hardened and ground spindle and gears are better found on the used market. Do yourself a favor and find the complete change gear set; you won't use it often but when you need it, you need it.

Once upon a time, Emco made their own chucks but they eventually just got them from Rohm. I am not sure about the V13 but since it came along after the Super 11 then there is a very good chance your lathe chuck is a Rohm chuck. If so, you would have a hard time finding a better one. I own two 3 jaws, two 4 jaws for my Super 11 - all Rohm chucks. I own two of each because a different version from the usual OEM version was available at one time and it was a forged version (I think) of much higher quality and with different construction. These chucks were expensive! Regardless, Emco did not use cheap chucks. In fact, they did not use cheap anything.

Here's some advice. Look for and buy a spare cross slide nut and leadscrew and tuck it way somewhere. One day, you will be glad you did.

Back