Emco Super 11 Lead Screw Bracket, Right end , Or Bearing Block

kajun

Registered
Registered
I think in the schematics they call it a bearing block. It is the bracket that holds the right end of my lead screw. Last resort I guess I will try to have it welded. But hoping to find one somewhere . Thanks for any input offered. Not sure how to attach picture.

They come up on ebay from time to time but none there now. I assume it is cracked - is that the problem?

Options: weld it, wait for one to come up on ebay or make one. The ends of the leadscrew and drive shaft are bushings, not bearings. If you have a mill, this might be an option.

Thank you, I am trying to remove it. Any idea how it comes off? It is cracked. Took the nut off, took the clip off the other shaft, the lead screw and bracket will slide off the other shaft but I cannot figure out how to get the bracket off the lead screw. It has that black sleeve or bearing cover and it is no budging. Thanks for any help .

Haven't done this in a while. I took that bracket off a friend's Super 11 some time back. From memory, that black cap is just that; a cap. You grab it and pull it off. Underneath is a nut that threads off. Remove the retaining ring on the drive shaft and you can remove the two screws that hold the bracket to the lathe bed.

Yea it finally turned loose and came off. Now to either braze or weld it. Thanks for replying.

Back