Emco v13 lead screw not turning

SECODeere

Registered
Registered
Very new here - cleaning on a new to me v13 and I’m finding the lead screw is not turning with the motor. I am not under power yet but I have gears engaged and I’m cleaning and exploring.

the shear pin is intact on the left - it doesn’t look great but intact (brass) - to the right of where the shear pin there is a larger coupler with a knurled end on the right. Looks to be a key way under this. This is engaged to the lead screw. The disconnect appears to be between the keyed piece and the shear pin collar.

can anyone help me get this apart?

First, the shear pin should be made of aluminum and no other material. As soon as you can, make a replacement.

The coupler engages and disengages the lead screw; the lead screw is only used when threading. When not in use, slide that coupler to the right to disengage the leadscrew. When threading, slide it towards the headstock to engage the clutch inside the coupler and the leadscrew will turn. If the coupler does not function like this then something is broken.

Edit: I forgot to attach a file for a shear pin for the Super 11. You can adjust the dimensions for your V13.

Attachments

• C6A-070-190 Shear Pin.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thank you very much for this. I will attempt to move the couple right and left, towards the headstock and away. I assume this should simply move with hand pressure?

Yup, the collar should move easily.

Couple pushes to left and engages fine after a little sticking right off. Thanks for helping me figure something out that should have been very simple! It was disengaged previously.....

Glad you got that sorted. Remember to keep it disengaged for normal turning. The leadscrew is only engaged when threading.

You got a nice lathe there . Any pics available and did you get it well tooled and for a steal or not.?

Back