Emergency Call, Wife says, your lathe is running, I can’t stop it!!

Maybe I didn't explain it right. From the outside moving in, stucco, wire, foil wrapped stryofoam, moisture wrap, plywood then the pink glass stuff.
Dabbler, you are in Canada right? I like to watch those home improvement shows. There was one called Holmes on Homes.
The spray foam looks incredible. Talk about a good product!!

Jeff the wall construction sounds about right except leaving out the tar paper barrier. Holmes on homes is the best he shows the way it would be done in his own house, straight up. My cable company knocked off that channel so I have to binge watch here and there on a cracked fire-stick.

Yeah, Canada... My neighbour just spray foamed 1/2 of his house as part of his rebuild $5000, but the walls are now airtight... A friend of mine worked with him once before he bacame famous. He fired Mike on the second day on the job, or so he says.

I assumed the foam was expensive. That has to be at least double compared to the panther glass insulation.

If you look at total job price, the need for structure for fibreglas, etc, plain white styro or foil-backed styro is much cheaper to install. It is only feasible during siding replacement, however. Otherwise it is cheaper to take down the drywall and insulate from the inside.

My " after I am gone " plan for the wife is pretty simple as she is my helper on projects and can take care of most of the systems so its just a paragraph in my will that states ........

DO NOT sell the guns and machine tools for what I told you i paid for them .

Back