[How do I?] Enclosure I Can Buy For My Vfd Wj200-015sf

Sendit

Registered
Registered
For the veterans out there, what is a good box I can buy for my vfd? It will be inside and mounted in on the wall. Possibly inside the garage (worst case).

Hi

I used a Wiegmann
1ea. N1C121408 box
2ea. WAVK0404 louvers
1ea. N1P1214 rear panel

I purchased off of eBay from ZORO.

I have a list of other parts I used. What type of machine are you using it on?

Tim

Tim. This is for a bridgeport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my mill I used a BUD CU-1099 box for the remote controls. It contains main power, jog, forward/reverse, emergency stop, and a tachometer.

I will post pictures this afternoon when I get home.

Tim

I made one , I put a computer fan in the bottom with a switch outside,
image.jpg
Seems to work ok

I have the exact VFD you have and I made my enclosure from .065" aluminum deck plate, (the metal supplier had scraps that were a usable size). It was easy to weld up and two L shaped pieces into a box then add the back and fasten the door with hinges and some thumb-screws to hold it closed. I added a lexan window so I could see the readout then mounted it to the wall and ran cable to a box I got from digi-tech to mount industrial type switches the speed potentiometer and soon a tachometer that will read off the toothed pulley that drives the spindle. I looked to try to buy one but anything deep enough for the WJ200 was pretty expensive.

Here are the photos I promised.

Wiegmann N1C121408 box.
P9230966.JPG

Interior parts.
P9230968.JPG

BUD CU-1099 box with controls and tachometer

P9230965.JPG

Tim

Thanks Tim! How are you picking up on your spindle speed?

The tachometer needs a single steel pin/screw on the rotating part. I drilled and tap a 6/32 hole in the spindle drive pulley and machined a little pin.

Tim

Back