[4]

Enco 100-1525 help.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

bike

Registered
Hi everybody! This enco 100-1525 mill followed me home. I am just learning about these machines and have a question about this. I have a handwheel for this, but the shaft seems to be set too deep to attach the handle and put a castlenut on. Can anyone explain why this could be this way? What to do about it? I have pulled and prodded and don't know how to proceed.
WIN_20180905_12_02_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180905_12_02_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180905_12_02_52_Pro.jpg

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
It is difficult to tell from the photos, but it appears that the left side handle may be extended too far out of the end cap. Perhaps spacers and/or bushings/bearings have been reinstalled incorrectly after having the lead screw out of the machine? Do you have a parts manual for the mill so you can compare the installation to what is shown in the manual?

bike

Registered
I have not found any manuals for it. It is the same as a Jet 836, and I have looked at the pages on ereplacementparts.com. Can't seem to find what might be not right. I will work on getting some better photos.

bike

Registered
ok, I feel like a dummy... I figured out what was going on. I simply was unable to turn the leadscrew to back it out. I put on a castlenut without the handle and the situation became very apparent.

I'm sure I will be back with many more questions as this learning process unfolds...

vfd hookup is next up...

[6]
[5] [7]