Enco 100-1525 mill

MarioMares

Registered
Registered
Well here is another great find on let go got this for 100.00 deal of a life time I could belive it my self....... But now the big issue its a 3 phase set up. I was wondering any of you guys running 3 phase at home? Should I change the motor to a 1 phase 2 hp ? Any info will help guys I want this baby up and running. Thanks 20180417_213504.jpg

A static converter is cheapest, but you lose a little power, a rotary one is spendy but gives 100%
mileage may vary by brand......................

Yeah, you definitely suck!

I was happy with the deal I got and I paid 25X what you did, but mine does have a VFD and DRO. I'm really happy with the VFD on my Enco. It is a no-name import. The previous owner planned to replace it, but it kept working, so he never did. Nor will I.IMG_1009.JPG

Yeah, you definitely suck!

I was happy with the deal I got and I paid 25X what you did, but mine does have a VFD and DRO. I'm really happy with the VFD on my Enco. It is a no-name import. The previous owner planned to replace it, but it kept working, so he never did. Nor will I.View attachment 265602

yean man I could not believe it my self even if its to good to be true it never hurts to check it out. Nice set up ACHiPo I want to look into the VFD. I l like what you did for the DRO on the quill..... I have alot to learn but great hobby

going the VFD route is not cheap. man lots to learn loving the hobby..... living the dream...lol good day guys got to get back to work

Wait... You got an Enco lathe and mill... for $300 total... in the same week? I thought I was jealous before :D

Let me know if you have questions about the VFD. You can find ones up to 3HP and sometimes more that run from single phase. They can be had for cheap from many sources unless you want some fancier features.

Congrats by the way!

Wait... You got an Enco lathe and mill... for $300 total... in the same week? I thought I was jealous before :D

Let me know if you have questions about the VFD. You can find ones up to 3HP and sometimes more that run from single phase. They can be had for cheap from many sources unless you want some fancier features.

Congrats by the way!

Thank you marcardoso I can't believe it my self I am still pinching my self..... VFD can be had for cheap you have my attention, marcardoso can you give me some links? so i can start my research. thank you very much

I have basically the same mill, 100-1527 I believe. It ran for some years using the phase converter and the two speed switch.
When the switch wore out, I installed a TECO FM50 VFD. It made all the difference in the world. I hardly use the back gear any more and
seldom change the speeds with belts. The other enhancement I installed was the digital readout, expensive but a very significant improvement
in accuracy and capabilities.

Back