Enco 105-1100 for sale; thoughts?

If think that the one in your post 38 is an rf25. The table is significantly smaller than my rf30 clone. I don't know if that is much of a negative. I guess it would all depend on the type of projects you plan to use the mill for. Does it have any tooling that comes with it? Unless you really need one like yesterday I would keep looking. These miil/drills come up for sale frequently.

If think that the one in your post 38 is an rf25. The table is significantly smaller than my rf30 clone. I don't know if that is much of a negative. I guess it would all depend on the type of projects you plan to use the mill for. Does it have any tooling that comes with it? Unless you really need one like yesterday I would keep looking. These miil/drills come up for sale frequently.

I found the manual for this mill online. Drilling capacity is 1" which is 25mm. I think that's what the -25 and -30 in the Rong Fu's stands for (the 30/31 has a capacity of 32mm), but I could be wrong. Spindle nose to table is 14.5", column dia. is 3 5/8" (92mm). What is yours?

It's not really a negative, but good to know for pricing. I can point it out to the seller. If it's been for sale this long, she either really doesn't want to sell it or thinks it's worth more than it really is. I think it's a bit of both. I figure I've got nothing to lose by asking! There is no table/stand, though.

It comes with a the vise, not sure what else. I'll ask. I think I remember her telling me there was some, but I didn't write it down in my notes.

This size is fine for what I want to do. I'll just have to take lighter cuts, which is fine. It will handle most of what I plan to do and if I need a bigger one, I've got the ones at my work.

My column is 4." The spindle nose to table is a little over 16." Using my ER32 collets I have yet to run out of room in the z direction. The table is around 8 x 28 and has around 16" of travel in the x direction. I have never measured the y travel. I am going by memory. I can take better measurements tomorrow if you would like me to.
I don't think that you can take heavy cuts on any of these mill/drills. The biggest cuts that I take are around .020.

My column is 4." The spindle nose to table is a little over 16." Using my ER32 collets I have yet to run out of room in the z direction. The table is around 8 x 28 and has around 16" of travel in the x direction. I have never measured the y travel. I am going by memory. I can take better measurements tomorrow if you would like me to.
I don't think that you can take heavy cuts on any of these mill/drills. The biggest cuts that I take are around .020.

Thanks! Sounds like you have a slightly bigger one than the one referenced. She got back to me and is set at $900. Too much. too far, too little mill. Hers has a smaller table.

UPDATE:
This one (post 38, green) is still available. I talked to the seller again. $600 was too low when I last spoke to her. I offered $700, which might be on the high side, given the condition, IMHO, but it seems to be the going rate for these machines. She told me she didn't need to sell it and she had a number in mind, but she'd talk to the husband and call me back. Thoughts?

UPDATE:
This one still hasn't sold. Seller wants $900. I offered $700. Waddya think; meet in the middle? I looked at another mill that was an RF-30/31 clone and it was way too big. Is this Jet-15 smaller or the same size? The table is much smaller, but I can't tell any other dimensions. I didn't find any relevant specs online either.

Here is a link to the owners manual for the current Jet mill/drill models. It lists the spec's for both the 15 and the 18. Probably not much difference between the newer and older models.
http://www.mdc.umn.edu/facility/files/MillingDrilling Manual.pdf.

As for price $100 is not going to mean much in the long run. The tooling will cost more than the mill/drill. It really depends on whether you want to keep looking or start making chips. Only you can answer that question.

UPDATE: the mill in post 15 sold for $1500 with no tooling.
I offered $200 for the mill with no top (the green one that was dirty and needed a lot of work). I have not heard back from the seller and don't expect to.
I think all the other ones sold at full asking price.
I guess this thread gives us some data points on pricing for reference. Seems these mills can be had for around $800-1400 in decent shape. Less if the machine needs work and/or if the seller is motivated.

Yeah, that low miles/low abuse Enco in post 15 was probably worth every penny of $1500. I'd rather pay that than pay $1k for a rusty basket case. The basket cases will take more effort and cash to bring up to the level of the Enco than it would have cost to just buy the Enco for $500 more (I think the vise and tooling with it take a big bite out of the cost difference anyway). Sometimes, it's better to pay more and buy a daily driver that runs than it is to buy a project heap and bring it up to snuff.

Back