Enco 105-1110 Mill.

bolt action

Registered
Registered
I have the above referenced mill. When standing in front of the mill, there's what the manual calls a thumb screw on the right side of the mill. This thumb screw must be loosened to change the speed belts. Then the motor is pulled toward to the front of the mill allowing the belts to loosen. Very simple right? However, on my mill the pin that is held out by the thumb screw will not release and move in to the machines as it's supposed to. You can rotate this pin, but I can't get it to move inward so the belts can be released and re positioned. Has anyone else had this problem? My mill has 4 pulleys which seems to be slightly unusual for this model.

Pretty close to the same design as mine. If the motor is swung out to take up max slack the sliding pin can bind and won't let it return. Take one hand and hold the motor and the other to try and slide the pin back in it's home.

A little bit of oil on the rod goes a long way toward keeping things moving. Mine jams in the "out" tight position sometimes too. Keep the bore clean, and also check the rod for rust and burrs.

Back