Enco 105-1110/RF-30 just landed in my shop...

Today was the day for the stand and the mill to become one. First order of business was to grunt the stand off my bench. Might need a chiropractor visit or 3 but I got it on the floor.

Used the engine hoist to pluck the mill off the old stand so I could make the swap after positioning and leveling the new stand. All in all a fairly easy swap and I'm pretty happy with the result. I'll be making some collet holders and such but I re-purposed the old collet/chuck/whatever holder by mounting it and the clamping kit etc.. on the plywood storage unit behind the mill for now. The rest I have in the drawers.

I cut up some Harbor Freight anti-fatigue mats like I have on the shop floor to line the drawers.

Turned out really nice, Terry! The mill looks better than new, too. Great work!

By "square column conversion", I assume this is what was meant.

I am quite impressed with this solution. How accurate? Don't know, but better by far than what I have.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I am quite impressed with this solution. How accurate? Don't know, but better by far than what I have.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'be been on their list ever since I got the mill. Was just conversing with the guy on FB messenger interestingly enough. Looks like a pretty good idea.

Began working on storage answers for the drawers this afternoon. I wanted to get away from wood for the tooling holders so I ran by Lowes after church and picked up a PVC 1x4x8. Laid out for the 5C and R8 collets and end mill holders and drilled the holes with Forstner bits in the mill. Turned out pretty good.

2.5" sides glued on the ends gave just the right amount of clearance.

Glued up an 1.5" thick piece that I'll drill for the end mills to replace the wood one.

Back