Enco 105-1110/RF-30 just landed in my shop...

I'm planning on working on the top while it's off the base. Will finish the paint on the base and then tackle the top. I was strategically not saying much about it on the open forum just in case it went totally wrong I didn't have to explain how I jacked it up. lol...

Now where's the fun (for us) in that?!? :)

Very nice mill. You made a great deal. I have an RF 30 that I replaced a 6" straight vise with a 4 inch swivel vise, am glad I did it. When I raise or lower the milling head I find it easier to work the crank from the rear of the machine when raising the head. perhaps a body building class is in order. You will get a lot of good use from your mill and a lot of satisfaction from making tools and parts.
Have a good day
Ray

Very nice mill. You made a great deal. I have an RF 30 that I replaced a 6" straight vise with a 4 inch swivel vise, am glad I did it. When I raise or lower the milling head I find it easier to work the crank from the rear of the machine when raising the head. perhaps a body building class is in order. You will get a lot of good use from your mill and a lot of satisfaction from making tools and parts.
Have a good day
Ray

Thanks Ray. I'll be glad to actually use it instead of working on it but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

It's my birthday today so I cheated and took off work a little early to work on the mill. Some days it's good to be the king. lol... I was determined to get it painted tonight as my completely selfish present to myself. Began with sanding the primer I put on it last night. Then another round of priming and spot putty, more sanding, re-priming a few spots, more sanding and scuff padding and washing and tacking and... sheesh... but finally the mill is green. Still some work ahead to get the vise, table ends and some other assorted parts and pieces painted but super glad to be this far. Fairly happy with the result. Suppose I could have sanded and primed a couple more times but decided that it was good enough. I do like the color and the Krylon hammered went on nice. Covered well. I did 4 coats. It's virtually the same as my Grizzly machines which is what I was hoping for.

I have the same mill.
If you keep this up I may have to strip mine down and send it to you for a paint job.
Actually I love the work you are doing, you are more patient then I am.

I purchased mine used as well, and I use it as is.
I do intend to one day get around to a full strip down, cleaning, paint and DRO. but until then I'll just have to drool over how nice yours looks.

I fixed my Bridgeport up, but didn't go this far. :) I decided I was going to make it dirty and beat up anyway so I didn't do paint, just cleaned and de-rusted various parts. This is looking nice!

I fixed my Bridgeport up, but didn't go this far. :) I decided I was going to make it dirty and beat up anyway so I didn't do paint, just cleaned and de-rusted various parts. This is looking nice!

I would not have gone this far either if the original paint were even halfway intact. However the very messy brushed on blue I could not stand so here I am.

Terry Had not been on much but just caught up on the thread. Looks nice, if you go with that ring light let us know how it works as I have the same mill and have been thinking about some kind of ring light for it. but what most of them have been using on the BP and clones do not seem like they would work on the ones like we have.

Terry Had not been on much but just caught up on the thread. Looks nice, if you go with that ring light let us know how it works as I have the same mill and have been thinking about some kind of ring light for it. but what most of them have been using on the BP and clones do not seem like they would work on the ones like we have.

Thanks! I have the ring light ordered. I believe @mikey already has it on his RF-30 so it should work.

Back