Enco 105-1110/RF-30 just landed in my shop...

Another round of finishing paint prep and painting. The table ends, vice pieces, few other odds and ends. There has certainly been some interesting taping on this project.

And after a few coats of my new favorite Deep green hammered.

I also started to reassemble what I can on the mill with new hardware. Also got it rewired to 240v. Gaining every day. Will finish reassembly tomorrow evening and then begin the table repair over the weekend. I counted the table penetrations. There are only 142 of them. :oops:

Bunch of new stainless fasteners always makes me smile. :grin:

I'm REALLY liking that color. Must not disassemble mill... Must not disassemble mill....

Maybe next time I take it apart. :)

Spent the afternoon with a bit more cleaning of the ways and such. Lots of lube and then reassembly. I'm quite pleased with the result. I also took some time to fab up the table covers per @Dave Paine from 1/4" UMHW sheet with a couple of white oak runners. Still have to deal with the table and make a new stand but so far so good.

Last edited:
The machine looks terrific. Very good work on the cleaning, sanding, filling and repainting. Looks almost like new. I do love the UHMW table protectors.

The machine looks terrific. Very good work on the cleaning, sanding, filling and repainting. Looks almost like new. I do love the UHMW table protectors.

Thanks Dave! I love them too. Super easy and work great!

And now this...

This is going to be an interesting project. I don't think anyone was thinking about adding a quill DRO when they designed the RF-30. lol... ;)

I have a plan. We'll see how it plays out.

Just documenting the Z axis DRO install in the main thread. 6" iGauging DRO installed on the inside of a new front cover made form 2" aluminum angle with a ATP cover.

Back