Enco 105-1110 / RF30 Refinish Table?

kubes

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Newbie warning! I have a new to me Enco 150-1110 which is a Rong Fu RF30, the table is pretty scared up. I stoned it and overall it's true and flat, there are a few holes you have to work around.

I see that the table is available from Grizzly, for 500USD, but before I spend that looking at better (cheaper) options. Do people part these machines out often? Do tables show up here often? What other options for fixing the current table?

Thanks!

Newbie warning! I have a new to me Enco 150-1110 which is a Rong Fu RF30, the table is pretty scared up. I stoned it and overall it's true and flat, there are a few holes you have to work around.

I see that the table is available from Grizzly, for 500USD, but before I spend that looking at better (cheaper) options. Do people part these machines out often? Do tables show up here often? What other options for fixing the current table?

Thanks!
I have one of these machines too and I don’t think I’d spend $500 just to look at the table and not see any flaws.

Spend the money on tooling, or a dro, or beer. If it works just make chips and save up for the next, better machine.

ppIf you post a picture it might help to us to see what problems you’ll face but from your description I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

JMHO

John

You could add a tooling plate to the table but I wouldn't spend to much time fixing it. Just enjoy it like it is. A new table wouldn't be a drop in fit if it even would work.

Mine is quite scared up and was well used. Like the guys before me I don’t need esthetic perfection it’s all about the work it puts out. I keep stoning it often and since that contract with NASA hasn’t materialized I don’t worry about it as those scars cause less error than I do. I’m more about how it functions than what it looks like.

I’m also terminally cheap so definitely spending $500 on a new table is out of the question,

Live with it is my advice- there is no such thing as a perfect machine and you can spend that money on more useful tooling
and accessories.
-Mark

Our bridgeport had some battle scars.

Mixed epoxy with iron dust from under the grinder to fill them.

Looks fine now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back