Enco 10x54

kingmt01

Registered
Registered
I just bought a new Enco mill.

I should be receiving delivery of it this week. I opted for the power feed but passed on the DRO since I think I can build one much cheaper & they already was more then I'd planned to spend.

I'm really not prepared for it but with the sale they had it was an impulse buy. I also ordered a bigger vise since I only have a 4" but completely overlooked the fact my half inch T-nut clamp set isn't going to fit this. At least I already have collets that will fit.

I don't know anything about this machine or have I found anyone with one to review it. I've had a good experience with Enco as a company. I've also seen where people with Enco lathes seemed to like them so I'm hoping for a good experience.

Comments & suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to your review. I've been eyeballing those every time a percent off machinery sale comes up.
Dave

Wow congrats! How much does that beast weigh? Are you hiring a rigger to deliver it or do you have a big NASA sized forklift like Jim?

It's listed to weigh 2700 lbs. Enco told me it would be over 3000 lbs create weight. I borrowed a flat bed trailer & I'm going to meet the driver at my local hardware store where they agreed to load it on the trailer for me. Once I get it to the house I'll have to get creative.

I bought one of those 20 years ago. a 9x42 with the dro and variable speed and x axis power feed. never had a prolem with it still use it. it is way better then a wore out Bridgeport.

hint fine some one with a rollback to pick it up at your delivery spot. he can slide it back into your shop. that is what I did. or check around they make trailers that bed lowers when you want to load or unload a machine.

Thanks Bob. I kinda ran out of time looking for a way to haul it. Driver is on his way now. I'm going to set it up on the sides of a utility trailer.

Just got it off the truck. Bill of loading clearly says "liftgate required" buy the truck didn't have a liftgate.

It wasn't a bad unload tho since I had someone with a fork lift.

Back