[How-To] Enco 110-1351 CNC conversion

One thing to keep in mind is that capacitor start motors like the one on your lathe need to come to nearly a full stop before they
can be reversed, and they are fixed speed. Not the best choice for a cnc lathe. Most commercial turning centers use 3-phase motors with VF drives
I believe
-M

One thing to keep in mind is that capacitor start motors like the one on your lathe need to come to nearly a full stop before they
can be reversed, and they are fixed speed. Not the best choice for a cnc lathe. Most commercial turning centers use 3-phase motors with VF drives
I believe
-M
Well since the gears change speed I have no need for a variable speed motor.

Maybe later on change out to a phase 3 - when I get a nice shop and have space for all my tools haha.

Okay, hooked up power supplies and assigned my pins. But nothing is moving.

At a loss here with this thing!

Photos attached but I Have this pinned out:

PORT1: 0xc800 (entry in hex 0-9 a-f only)
PORT2: 0xb800 (can select pin 2-9 as input - not selected-)

Motors:

X-axis step 4 dir 5 board port 1
Z-axis step 2 dir 3 board port 1

Spindle step 17 dir 10 board port 2

Input signals:

Estop port 2 pin 10

Output signals:

OP1 port 2 pin 18
OP2 port 2 pin 17

Encoders:

E1 A- port 2 A- pin 4 B- port 2 B- pin 5
E2 A- port 2 A- pin 6 B- port 2 B- pin 7

Spindle set up:

Clockwise (M3) output# 1
CCW (M4) output# 2

The DB25 board has spindle and encoders.

The C10 has the motors and Estop.

Motors are servo with amt102-v encoders.

Attachments

• 20211220_230849.jpg
    20211220_230849.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211220_230858.jpg
    20211220_230858.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211220_230902.jpg
    20211220_230902.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3
I guess I would start by checking for step and direction signals to the Gecko drives, if nothing there then work backwards
You might need to make up some simple logic indicators with LEDs and 1K resistors
If you can run the drives open loop without the encoders temporarily that would simplify the troubleshooting
That's about all the helpful tips I can think of at the moment
-M

Last edited:
I guess I would start by checking for step and direction signals to the Gecko drives, if nothing there then work backwards
You might need to make up some simple logic indicators with LEDs and 1K resistors
-M
Nothing there.

I went and bought some good step motors and drivers for those motors that are designed for the board.

Motors are here tomorrow so I'll set up a test run before wiring into the box.

The current motors don't work with ever drivers (tried). Which means I'll have fully built my own cnc and not have used any parts from the original hahah....

I'm sure you'll learn a lot
One last tip: be careful not to short things out- if you blow a board it will set you back in time, money and frustration
It really sucks to zap something right when you are near the finish line- ask me how I know

Last edited:
Back