ENCO 110-1351 - forward for both directions

vbrua

Registered
Registered
I have an Enco 110-1351 when I move the switch to reverse it still goes forward. I am not sure which relay I need to check or move the wires attached are photos, any help would be really appreciated. this machine is wired for 110V

20210921_105507_resized.jpg20210921_105531_resized.jpg

Welcome to the site @vbrua !

First, to be clear......
You are NOT switching it from forward to reverse without letting the motor come to a full stop right?
Some motors will keep moving forward if you do that.

Second can you supply some info about the motor?
(photos of info plate, photos of connections, etc.)

Do you have any diagrams from a manual that could help us trace this?

Thanks.
-brino

we are not switching it with the motor running. also their is no plate on the motor that we can see. unless its on the bottom where the mounting plate is, I have to remove it , but it appears to not have one at all. here are pics of the motor wiring. i see there are 2 wires not used
here as well.20210921_121113_resized.jpg20210921_121102_resized.jpg20210921_121022_resized.jpg20210921_105518_resized.jpg

First question: Has it ever worked or did you just take delivery and it's broken from the get-go?
Second question: has the motor been replaced?
-Mark
At first glance it looks like there are only two power wires supplying the motor- there should be four for 120 volt reversing operation
(three, minimum for 240v)
What's up with those two black and white wires with the orange wire caps- are they disconnected? There's your problem I think

Last edited:
I'm going to cut to the chase. Undo the red and black wires coming out of the motor from their respective red wire nuts, leaving the other wires in place.
Connect the red and black wires to the currently disconnected white and black wires. See if it works, in the proper directions. If it works but backwards, swap the red and black to black and white connections.
I'm making an educated guess here that the motor uses "standard" color-coded wires and the contactor box is wired correctly. It should work.
Let me know. Be safe. Shut off breaker and/or pull the plug before working on it. (Goes without saying, but I say it anyway) :)
-M

Last edited:
Back