Enco 110-1351 lathe schematic

rjitreeman

Registered
Registered
I have 110-1351 produced in 2000. Plastic of F/R switch has shattered due to Florida heat ageing. The oddball voltage control transformer (29vac) has failed. No replacement is available. I have chosen to eliminate the transformer and change to a 120 volt control system. Lamps, relays and switches are all procured and were relatively inexpensive.
Except for the transformer primary wiring elimination, I would like to duplicate the original wiring scheme, hence the need for the schematic. Needed mostly for wire colors.
As a retired electromechanical engineer, I have the understanding to draw a ladder diagram of what I need if a schematic is unavailable.
I have included time delay relays in the F/R relay circuits to insure motion has stopped prior to reapplied power and a high inrush current. Time delay is based on large motor pulley and high gear with 3 jaw chuck. (largest mass at highest speed).
Thanks in advance for any assist.

So have you torn out all the original wiring?
The wire colors are really not crucial if you are doing it all over
Let me see if I can dig up an original diagram

I have an Enco 110-2033. Not identical, but maybe this will help. I opted to change things a little and make the power lamp and jog button the same actuator. I then added a selector switch which enabled reverse so I can't accidentally pull the lever up so hard that I switch into reverse. They all operate off of 120V (pulled from one leg of the 240V line to neutral)

x.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

Here is a similar one: I can enlarge it if necessary- this one shows 3 relays but some have only 2 like Macadoso's
Encoschem1x.jpeg

On the 3 relay systems there is a run, a forward, and a reverse relay
The start button engages and latches the run relay which puts power to either the forward or reverse contactor coil thru the reversing switch actuated by the reversing lever on the carriage

I have 110-1351 produced in 2000. Plastic of F/R switch has shattered due to Florida heat ageing. The oddball voltage control transformer (29vac) has failed. No replacement is available. I have chosen to eliminate the transformer and change to a 120 volt control system. Lamps, relays and switches are all procured and were relatively inexpensive.
Except for the transformer primary wiring elimination, I would like to duplicate the original wiring scheme, hence the need for the schematic. Needed mostly for wire colors.
As a retired electromechanical engineer, I have the understanding to draw a ladder diagram of what I need if a schematic is unavailable.
I have included time delay relays in the F/R relay circuits to insure motion has stopped prior to reapplied power and a high inrush current. Time delay is based on large motor pulley and high gear with 3 jaw chuck. (largest mass at highest speed).
Thanks in advance for any assist.
I bought the same machine that was damaged in transit paid $500 for it new. The electric control box was totally smashed. I installed a vfd and wired all the controls to the vfd. Works great.

I bought the same machine that was damaged in transit paid $500 for it new. The electric control box was totally smashed. I installed a vfd and wired all the controls to the vfd. Works great.
Three phase motor and VFD, you won’t be sorry.

John

Back