Enco 110-2031 Lathe Newbie Questions

Steve1750

Registered
Registered
Refurbishing an Enco 110-2031 12X58 lathe and have a couple of questions.

Of the two drive belts it seems that the forward one requires disassembly of the headstock and the rear belt the motor cannot be replaced at all due to a press fit rod that is in the way. I am aware that there are powertwist belts but unsure if there is one for this machine (belt is a B33)

The motor belt is the one I need to replace.

The second question is how do you add new oil to the spindle bearing reservoirs? There are two oil sights on the front for indication and drainage but only the left bearing has a spring loaded oil cap?

Thanks for the great group.

Steve

If you measure the top of the vbelts width , I think it's close to a 5/8" . If I remember the b is either 19/32" or 21/32" which is close to the 5/8" , the flex belts work great in lathes even make them quititer . If you have a belt measure just make the length of your old belt , maybe shy one link, your belt may be stretched. The belts are pricey but last forever. Harbor freight sells a link belt ck the size online . If we're mine I'd put a link belt on .

Refurbishing an Enco 110-2031 12X58 lathe and have a couple of questions.

Of the two drive belts it seems that the forward one requires disassembly of the headstock and the rear belt the motor cannot be replaced at all due to a press fit rod that is in the way. I am aware that there are powertwist belts but unsure if there is one for this machine (belt is a B33)

The motor belt is the one I need to replace.

The second question is how do you add new oil to the spindle bearing reservoirs? There are two oil sights on the front for indication and drainage but only the left bearing has a spring loaded oil cap?

Thanks for the great group.

Steve
I replaced the belts on my 110-2021 withe 1/2" link belts that do not require the spindle to be removed.

Go onto the Grizzly website & download the manual for their belt drive lathe model # G9249
it is a fantastic well written manual. I also use the green colored link belts from Harbor freight for my CZ300 lathe 12 X 24 lathe.

Also look up Warco lathes in the united Kingdom. They are a machine tool supplier and they sold a model BH600G lathe for many years . There is also a large following and postings about these lathes.

Bob

Back