• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Enco 110-2031

Mike321

Registered
Registered
I am brand new to this forum and just got a couple of pieces for my shop. The lathe I just got is old and needs some help but it will be a good starter project. I need a saddle for it. It is an Enco 110-2031 I can't find anything online about it. Are there other import lathes whose parts will interchange?
Thanks,

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Welcome!

Looked online & looks like an older 12x. These 12x import lathes were all based on a similar design. 12x36 is a common lathe these days & the carriage may be the same. I'm not familiar with your lathe so I have no idea. But aquiring a complete carriage might be tough. Grizzly sells parts but they don't sell the complete carriage as a whole. Buying parts to put together the apron, cross slide, & compound slide would be very expensive!

Due to cost, it might best trying to track down a donor lathe for parts. Not to discourage but even that may not be worth it unless you find one for the right price.

Chipper5783

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Wow, tracking down a complete saddle (and apron too?) that is not needed for the lathe it is on! That will be a needle in a haystack sort of search. I suggest you already have the "parts" machine. You could convert that machine to another application: wood lathe, weld positioner, metal spinning, . . . . . . . . If you are very fortunate you may be able to find a "close enough" similar machine, then mix/match to get one of them working.

I went through a similar exercise with a Maho milling machine (50 years old, uncommon, German) - I had to buy the complete machine (#3000) to get the attachment (#300) I wanted and had it shipped ~3000 miles. Only do that if the machine is a particular prize.

Good luck.

rock_breaker

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Mike 321
You are probably aware that MSC Industrial Tool Co. bought Enco, if you haven't done so it might be a source. The Enco people were great to deal with as are the MSC group but now there is a price difference. Craigs list in your area could also be a source. Good Luck
Ray

ScottM1A

Registered
Registered
Did you find your apron? I might have one depending on how an auction turns out.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock