Enco 110-2031

Mike321

Registered
Registered
I am brand new to this forum and just got a couple of pieces for my shop. The lathe I just got is old and needs some help but it will be a good starter project. I need a saddle for it. It is an Enco 110-2031 I can't find anything online about it. Are there other import lathes whose parts will interchange?
Thanks,

Welcome!

Looked online & looks like an older 12x. These 12x import lathes were all based on a similar design. 12x36 is a common lathe these days & the carriage may be the same. I'm not familiar with your lathe so I have no idea. But aquiring a complete carriage might be tough. Grizzly sells parts but they don't sell the complete carriage as a whole. Buying parts to put together the apron, cross slide, & compound slide would be very expensive!

Due to cost, it might best trying to track down a donor lathe for parts. Not to discourage but even that may not be worth it unless you find one for the right price.

I appreciate the information. If anybody has a donor for parts I would be interested in buying some parts from it.

Wow, tracking down a complete saddle (and apron too?) that is not needed for the lathe it is on! That will be a needle in a haystack sort of search. I suggest you already have the "parts" machine. You could convert that machine to another application: wood lathe, weld positioner, metal spinning, . . . . . . . . If you are very fortunate you may be able to find a "close enough" similar machine, then mix/match to get one of them working.

I went through a similar exercise with a Maho milling machine (50 years old, uncommon, German) - I had to buy the complete machine (#3000) to get the attachment (#300) I wanted and had it shipped ~3000 miles. Only do that if the machine is a particular prize.

Good luck.

Mike 321
You are probably aware that MSC Industrial Tool Co. bought Enco, if you haven't done so it might be a source. The Enco people were great to deal with as are the MSC group but now there is a price difference. Craigs list in your area could also be a source. Good Luck
Ray

Did you find your apron? I might have one depending on how an auction turns out.

Back