V1 - blue and orange
V2 - white and yellow
Z1 - red
Z2 - black
transformer input tap - 110 v
transformer output tap - 110v
if motor is backwards swap red and black
Mark

I recently picked up an enco 110-2034 12X36" lathe. It's in otherwise good shape and runs good when it's directly wired to the motor, as it was when I got it.

Original motor has been replaced with a Marathon 1.5 hp 110/220v motor. The lathe is a 1995 vintage. I have a couple questions. I want to wire it back to 220v. The transformer, I'm assuming needs to be on 220 and 0 and 24 and 0 on the other side.

I am also wondering about wiring the motor. I understand the 220v wiring for the motor, but I have Z1, Z2, V1 and V2 going to the motor. Not sure exactly how to wire those guys together. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

View attachment 264682View attachment 264683

View attachment 264684

View attachment 264685
Hi
I recently picked up an enco 110-2034 12X36" lathe. It's in otherwise good shape and runs good when it's directly wired to the motor, as it was when I got it.

Original motor has been replaced with a Marathon 1.5 hp 110/220v motor. The lathe is a 1995 vintage. I have a couple questions. I want to wire it back to 220v. The transformer, I'm assuming needs to be on 220 and 0 and 24 and 0 on the other side.

I am also wondering about wiring the motor. I understand the 220v wiring for the motor, but I have Z1, Z2, V1 and V2 going to the motor. Not sure exactly how to wire those guys together. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

View attachment 264682View attachment 264683

View attachment 264684

View attachment 264685
Hi
Trust you are well , my Father has the exact same Lathe and loves it .
His transformer has just blown and I am on the hunt for one - do you know where I could find a supplier- also could you let me know what Amp the Glass fuse is as that was the first thing that went .
Appreciate you help if you are able .

Regards
Chad

Hi Chad- you can't find the original type of transformer any longer, however you should be able to find a replacement
with the same or similar voltage/current ratings although it's getting harder as some manufacturers have left the market.
The problem you will run into is finding one that's small enough to fit in the space provided. Also, you may have to settle for wire leads rather than terminal lugs.
A larger unit could be mounted outside
the enclosure and actually would run cooler and last longer. The Triad N-77U would work- check the size though. Hammond is another brand.

These are often rated at about 100 watt (100 VA), 230/240 volts primary to 115/120 volts secondary ac (isolated type not an autotransformer)
Lathes that only require one contactor energized at a time (two contactor models) could probably get by with a transformer of lower VA rating like 50 or so- it depends on the lathe model and electrical equipment it has- a 50-70 Va unit in open air would probably do the same job and run as cool as a 100 Va unit in the enclosure with no air flow.
Check Amazon or your local electrical supply house. If Dick Smith is still around they might have something. Ebay is also a source.
The fuse is probably around 5 amp
-M

Attachments

• N-77U.pdf
    117 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi

Hi
Trust you are well , my Father has the exact same Lathe and loves it .
His transformer has just blown and I am on the hunt for one - do you know where I could find a supplier- also could you let me know what Amp the Glass fuse is as that was the first thing that went .
Appreciate you help if you are able .

Regards
Chad
I just bought one for my chinese gear head mill I picked up. I got it from Grainger and the brand was "Robertshaw" You should be able to type the specs into google and find one that is compatible. I have no clue what I am doing and just learning as I go with the help of these nice guys on here. It was easy.

Back