Enco 12X36 lathe wiring question

My Enco lathe runs the same way lever in up position, chuck turns ccw when looking from tailstock. I did not notice a discreprancy in my operation/parts book, which IMHO leaves a lot to be desired. Just my $0.02 worth.
Have a good day!
Ray

In the electrical box on the back of the machine just switch the wires on V1 and U1 or the black and white wire going to the motor. What you're doing is changing the phase of the start to run windings.

My Enco 12X36 lathe seems to run in the opposite direction stated in the operating manual. It has a single phase 220V motor in 2hp. To have the spindle rotating forward (counterclockwise) the switch on the carriage is rotated up toward the bed. The manual shows this switch rotating down away from the bed for counterclockwise. Any idea why this is backwards?

No answer to your question but my Enco 13x40 does the same as yours. In my shop the "awkward switch" is on the Enco Mill/Drill, it is similar to that on the Clausing lathe but run the machines in opposite directions. No big deal but when I run the mill I have to engage the thinker.
Have a good day
Ray

Back