Enco 13x36 Lathe ?

Don't just stand there, jump on it! At least I would.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

At $800 you are probably OK if it is in otherwise good shape. There are so many things in the ''power feed'' that could be wrong that it is impossible to tell where the problem is without more information. Yes it is repairable, but where is the problem? Could be a sheared key or shear pin, or could be a broken gear, or just out of adjustment somewhere.

On my Enco Lathe there is a large "plastic" gear in the drive system on the end of the machine. If yours is similar there may be some teeth missing on that gear. In the extra gears that came with the lathe is a large metal gear that I think is identical to the plastic gear. I am hanging onto to it in case of a foul-up.
Ray

Plas62,
Did you get it? It may be from the same clone tank as my Jet 1336 PBD. I would be happy to share anything I am learning about mine, which I have begun stripping apart. I think the apron parts are still mostly available from Jet as parts for the BDB-1340.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

I didn't get it. It was gone by the time I decided to go for it. Thanks for the offer.

Sorry, Just keep a lookin', one will show up.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back