Enco 13x40 (110-1351) Motor Sheave Sizes

Radials

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently purchased a year 2000 vintage Enco 13x40 lathe and in examining it more have realized that there should be a double step sheave on the motor instead of the single that it came with. The motor was replaced by the PO with a nice USA made Dayton one and he failed to mention the whereabouts of the original sheave. If they're any other owners here with this lathe or a similar variant would you mind measuring the sizes of the sheaves so I can find a replacement?

Thanks,
Nick

NCjeeper

Sorry its been a crazy few days. I haven't had a chance to get in the shop. Hopefully tomorrow I get some time.

richl

Active User
Registered
I have the same lathe. Ncjeeper sounds like he got it for you, but I'll check mine tomorrow anyway.

Radials

It looks like the motor on mine jumps up over an inch each time power is applied to it in both directions. This doesn't seem right but I'm not familiar with these machines.

NCjeeper

Not sure why your motor is moving like that. Does yours have the threaded rod to adjust belt tension? That should keep it locked down. GOPR3677.JPG

Radials

Bingo! That's missing on mine. The PO had removed the motor and built a separate freestanding motor platform for it which was bolted to his shop floor. I didn't want to go this route and reattached the motor base/motor to the lathe. I see that these parts are missing, but will be easy to replicate now that I can see how it was originally done.

Thank you,
Nick

NCjeeper

Well that explains it. Glad we got it figured out.

rjitreeman

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased a year 2000 vintage Enco 13x40 lathe and in examining it more have realized that there should be a double step sheave on the motor instead of the single that it came with. The motor was replaced by the PO with a nice USA made Dayton one and he failed to mention the whereabouts of the original sheave. If they're any other owners here with this lathe or a similar variant would you mind measuring the sizes of the sheaves so I can find a replacement?

Thanks,
Nick
Did you ever get or make the replacement pulley?

Radials

Did you ever get or make the replacement pulley?
Not yet, but I've got a piece of material coming to make it. In laying out the pulley I discovered that it's not possible to use a 2" pulley on the motor I've got. The motor shaft is 7/8" which would result in the key way breaking into the belt area on the 2" pulley. Perhaps the original motor has a smaller shaft size to make a pulley of this diameter work? 2-3/8" might be the smallest I try to go on the smaller pulley diameter to give enough thickness around the key way.

NCjeeper

The key is only cut in on the larger pulley. My motor shaft diameter is 24mm or .944.
GOPR3758.JPG
GOPR3759.JPG

Radials

The key is only cut in on the larger pulley. My motor shaft diameter is 24mm or .944.
I hadn't thought about only putting the key in the large pulley. Thanks for that, I'll likely go that route.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock