Enco 13x40 (110-1351) Motor Sheave Sizes

Bingo! That's missing on mine. The PO had removed the motor and built a separate freestanding motor platform for it which was bolted to his shop floor. I didn't want to go this route and reattached the motor base/motor to the lathe. I see that these parts are missing, but will be easy to replicate now that I can see how it was originally done.

Thank you,
Nick

Well that explains it. Glad we got it figured out.

I recently purchased a year 2000 vintage Enco 13x40 lathe and in examining it more have realized that there should be a double step sheave on the motor instead of the single that it came with. The motor was replaced by the PO with a nice USA made Dayton one and he failed to mention the whereabouts of the original sheave. If they're any other owners here with this lathe or a similar variant would you mind measuring the sizes of the sheaves so I can find a replacement?

Thanks,
Nick
Did you ever get or make the replacement pulley?

Did you ever get or make the replacement pulley?

Not yet, but I've got a piece of material coming to make it. In laying out the pulley I discovered that it's not possible to use a 2" pulley on the motor I've got. The motor shaft is 7/8" which would result in the key way breaking into the belt area on the 2" pulley. Perhaps the original motor has a smaller shaft size to make a pulley of this diameter work? 2-3/8" might be the smallest I try to go on the smaller pulley diameter to give enough thickness around the key way.

The key is only cut in on the larger pulley. My motor shaft diameter is 24mm or .944.
GOPR3758.JPG
GOPR3759.JPG

The key is only cut in on the larger pulley. My motor shaft diameter is 24mm or .944.
I hadn't thought about only putting the key in the large pulley. Thanks for that, I'll likely go that route.

Back