Enco 405GX1500 Manual ???

Well I finally had some time today to put the base of the skid together. I stripped off a few parts for ease of crating. Coolant arm, splash pan the remaining covers at the tail stock end. Digging around in the chip pan, I found the missing cover for the sump. I plugged in the sump pump and it still works. I think I found all of the parts, That's encouraging. Thought I would post a few pictures if anyone is interested.
I will post more as I make progress. BTW The skid is oak and so far weighs about 300 pounds.
IMG_20190427_142818.jpg
IMG_20190427_142901.jpg
IMG_20190427_142918.jpg
IMG_20190427_142925.jpg
IMG_20190427_142932.jpg

Finally had some time to finish the crating. I fly home at the end of the month, I hope to have it waiting for me when I get there.
IMG_20190608_110505.jpg
IMG_20190608_135834.jpg

Getting pretty close to shipping this beast home. It will be traveling in a refrigerated trailer. I was thinking of taking a sheet or two off of the crate to spray some of the surfaces down with WD 40 or something. It will likely sweat pretty bad when it hits the warm air after transport.
The other thing is getting it off of the trailer and in to the shop. I'm considering renting a forklift. Not sure how much that would cost for a day but it might be the easiest way to go.
I was also thinking of putting a beam up, well shored then backing the trailer under that then hoist the lathe off of the crate. If anyone has any great ideas feel free.

Hey Mike, I was wondering how you were making out with that thing
I wouldn't worry too much about the rust, it can't get too bad in less than a month
Looks like a sturdy crate- not sure whether it's better to put vent holes or not as far as the "cold storage" issue

Good to hear from you. Yes shouldn't be too bad, although it may sit like that for a week or two.

Back