Enco 405GX1500 Manual ???

Hell that's a super freebie , what'll it cost to get home a few hundred . I bet she cleans up and works well. Good luck lucky.

Free trip form Kansas to Oregon, on a company truck. As its crated... Just guessing that it weighs about 3500 pounds. I built a box to put into the chip pan to fill with the Chucks, Rests and a bunch of other parts and pieces. Also thew in a pile of random material.
I never did check on a price to ship. I suspect it would have cost over $1000

Well I dropped it off at the distribution center this afternoon.
IMG_20190927_125940.jpg

Should be a nice machine once cleaned up.

Well good news. I got it shipped free of charge. And got it home today. It was quite a task.
Started to disassemble the few broken parts. For the most part it should be pretty easy to repair. As I see it now, the hardest piece will be the hand wheel for the carriage.
Don't tell my Wife that I have old lathe parts on her table.;)
IMG_20191026_204354.jpg

She will never know they were there. Hand wheel you might find a substitute on eBay or even craigslist. Good luck I think you'll enjoy the lathe.

Good morning,
The problem I am finding is that the dial is mounted on the inboard side of the hand wheel. the bore is 62mm and a depth on 20mm . I can find the same size and offset but not enough material on the back side to machine for the dial location.
I may have to do a two piece to get it to work.

I may have found a the descendents of my Enco.
I was shopping new knee mills. Sort of fond of the Acer. While on their site, decided to look at the lathes. They are not a clone of mine but the gear box layout is the same and many of the parts look to be the same as well.
If anyone here has an Acer 17G series I would be very happy to talk to you.

Good afternoon. We'll as soon as I got the lathe in the garage. I decided to build a shed, I really needed to get my garage back. 10'x20' I decided would l work. So the garage is nearly cleaned out.
I have some parts, just need to do some machine work to get them on. I worked on the cross slide and compound. Every thing is nice and tite. The nuts look great, no wear. I'm thinking that I should pull the cross slide back off. I really need to take off the carriage to get it Cleaned up.
I'm trying to get most of the work out of the way before the electrical work is done. Sub panel ect.
I will try to remember to snap a few pictures, for those that are interested.

Back