Enco 405GX1500 Manual ???

Nice lathe it has the feed kick off on it too. Great feature even for threading.
Nice! What else do you know about this lathe? There does not seem to be very much information about it. Do you know if it has a one shot Case Lube system for the ways? I'm looking forward to picking line up next week and checking it out.

Jeff

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yes looks very familiar. How long has it been sitting? mine was for many years. I am glad that I disassembled the carriage and apron, most of the oil galleys were clogged with what used to be oil.... I think. Besides , as my friend said "No better way to get to know your machine"
I'm no machinist, and I guarantee the people that ran mine weren't either. some of the things I found wrong with mine were inexcusable.
Good luck and keep us posted, I am looking forward to seeing your progress. BTW Now I'm motivated to get mine running before you do.
I'm going to shoot you a p.m. with my number. I grew up in Oregon and I'm flying my daughter up there Friday so that she can go on a camping trip with my dad. I will be spending Saturday and Sunday in Portland before flying back home. If you're not busy maybe I can swing by and check out your lathe?

Pressurized lube system in combination with splash. So it appears to hold around 3 to 4 gallons of oil. As it pumps up to the head it overflows down to the lower gear box for the lead screw/power feed. Then drains back down to the lower sump. Screened pick up for the lubrication pump.
The apron is splash, and a few ball oilers.

Pressurized lube system in combination with splash. So it appears to hold around 3 to 4 gallons of oil. As it pumps up to the head it overflows down to the lower gear box for the lead screw/power feed. Then drains back down to the lower sump. Screened pick up for the lubrication pump.
The apron is splash, and a few ball oilers.
Oh, i like that it does the quick change gearbox! I have a takisawa lathe that has a one shot for the ways which is nice bummer this doesn't have that. Is yours a 5hp motor? 7.5hp? My taki the kick out is just for powefeed. Is this the same or does it do the half nuts as well?

Nice! What else do you know about this lathe? There does not seem to be very much information about it. Do you know if it has a one shot Case Lube system for the ways? I'm looking forward to picking line up next week and checking it out.

Jeff

I dont have first hand experience with the lathe but have seen many copies with the options it has. Really im jealous of one for myself. I too would take things apart and ck oil ways and any damage to bearings n surface's. I would guess theres pressure lube system on it. Good luck with her too.

Impressive machine i really like the feeds directions . Sounds good to me. Your right the limit switch is late.

Mike,

Chips!!

It's cleaned up and cutting, but our enco Brotherhood will be short lived as I picked up a Whacheon 17x40 that was bought new in 1982 and never used.

Jeff
1f804c74a872708f20a69a127d08ec0c.jpg

Smoky, I was wondering where you were able to find the manual for your lathe. I just got myself the same lathe, a 1985 Enco 405Gx1500. I got mine from a machine shop down the street who was using it daily, but it has been sitting unused since they upgraded to something newer and bigger a couple years ago. It's really a mess. Whatever fluids they used have become all sticky and nasty after sitting. It really needs to be torn apart and gone through. Just looking for some help, and a manual would help a lot. I'm a very novice lathe user, but a good mechanic in general and should be able to handle it. More information always makes something like this easier though.

Back