Enco 405GX1500 Manual ???

I was sent one by a nice fella that had purchased one from a used dealer.
I will look for the file and pass it on. Don't get too excited, it has limited information. Still nice to have.
I'm having a hard time sharing from my phone. Send me a PM with your email and I will pass it on. I will send you a PM as well with my email. That might work better.

I just love motivation.
I have been very busy, so no time to work on much of my stuff. Well I have some time but I'm older than I used to be and the desire for some well deserved rest overrides.
I hadn't done much on the Enco for a long time. Then I ran across an add for a Sharp HMV Knee mill, "Motivation". I really needed to get the Enco moved into its location so I have room for the mill. Made some feet up and it is set and leveled i believe within .001 I'm not sure how thw machine will react. I'm certain that it had never been set and leveled
I have a lot of work to do in the next 3 to 4 months. I just signed up for another 1 1/2 year high pressure, fast moving job. That should take me across the line of retirement.:party:

I got to the end of the thread and expected to see you done....

Did zamboni guy sell his Enco?
My brother wants a larger lathe, I wanted to see how yours are fairing

Attachments

• 1665711716145.gif
    1665711716145.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 63
Update....
Alot has happened since my last post.
I have been very busy with workup until a few months ago. Last December we moved across the country.
That was a challenge.
When we were done, my wife made me promise that we wouldn't ever do that again.
Of course I had to take my big toys with me, Which required me to get a 28' semi trailer from Old dominion. That worked out quite well. The shop and household filled all 28' nearly to the ceiling.
To the lathe.
It is currently in the same state that it was in after reassembly. Although I have taken the few broken parts over to Adam at Booth machine shop to be repaired. He is quite busy and so it may be a few months before he gets to it. Stay tuned as he will likely make a repair video for his YouTube channel. I ended up buying a place about 20 minutes from the Booth Machine shop.

On my end I need to get it wired up. I don't have 3 phase power so I will be running it from a drive. I still need to get a braking resistor for the drive and fish some controll wires through the machine.
It will run again.

Smokey, where did you move too? In about 3yrs when my daughter graduates high school, I'll be looking to get out of California.

To answer the other gents question, yes I sold my Enco long ago. I still have my whacheon. I'm still loving it! I've also picked up a couple of 10ee's and a Rivett 1020s. I still have no room, hopefully you moved someplace with space...if so, I'll be so jealous!!

Jeff in Long beach.
dcb2a5c1f66134379708ac52c1581972.jpg
756f0bdc389047c7e30e47bce658d956.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Screenshots from my Instagram. Sorry for the quality.

As for space, I have a few acres but as always the shop space isn't big enough..... more than I had but not big enough.
I have a feeling that if I put a roof over the whole property eventually it wouldn't be big enough.

BTW. I can't find anything on the motor in this lathe. I believe it is a 5HP according to the manual. But there is no tag or ID plate anywhere that I can see.I would love to find out as much as I can for setting the parameters on the drive. It does have a high and low power range switch. I don't k nown enough about electric motors to understand how that is done.
It's a beastly thing, I would pull it out, so as to see the bottom but I don't think I could lift it by myself.
Does anyone else have such a switch ?

Mine was a 2 speed 5hp motor. I may have pics of the motor tag but I need to find them

Back