Enco 8 x30 mill

scurv

Registered
Registered
I have a 8x 30 enco mill model 0R193208 single phase I woul like to convert it to 3 phase. The motor plate dose not have a frame size or type listed. It looks like the Grizzly G0678. I was wondering if any one on the fourm was the owner of the G0678 that could give me some motor spec. Like shaft dia and shaft length and foot print measurements. I have talked with grizzly tech they can tell it fits rhe G0678 and is in stock and its a 2hp but nothjng else. I would appreciate any information.

Thanks
Scurv

I have a Grizzly G1008 which looks like the Grizzly G0730. My motor is 1 1/2HP and no frame size on the nameplate. The motor is made in Taiwan. It is a non-standard motor, as in the shaft is 3/4in dia with if I recall a 5mm key. The footprint is similar to an ANSI 145 frame which has 7/8in dia shaft. The length of the shaft on my motor is also longer than an ANSI 145 frame standard.

I recommend you measure your motor dimensions, it may be non-standard like mine.

I just purchased a Husky 8 x 30 and I am also thinking of converting it to 3ph. I will be interested in what you find for a motor for yours if you wouldn't mind posting the specs when you get your 3ph motor.

I’m watching also. I’m on the fence between going 3PH or using a treadmill motor.

If you have 3-phase power available:
To convert the induction motor from 1 phase to 3-phase, all you have to do is:

One line phase gets wired to 1 motor phase,
Then the 2 remaining line phases go through the switch,
and the 2 switched phases go to the 2 other motor phases.
And then remove the start and run capacitors.

Back