Enco 8x30 Knee Mill weight

Ck out doubleboost on YouTube , his mill exactly , I've never watch him ever not do a job on it that he don't push it to the max. His riser block is like nine inches . In fact he just installed a new motor set up with a vfd . Completely set up no messing around programming or extras. It works as well as a Bridgeport .
It's not the machine it's the machinist. I own one too the enco model like yours.

Nice find :congrats: Now when you pick it up If you want, drop it off at my shop and I will take real good care of it for you. :laughing:

Silverbullet
I'll try to watch some of those youtubes latter this evening. Thanks for the link.

Kd
I've always wanted to see Florida. Have a good friend in St Petersburg
Thanks

I was hoping to get it by Friday but my friend with truck and forklift can't get to it until Tuesday morning.
Oh well, it's only gonna cost me a good lunch (Brazilian Steakhouse) to get it moved. Tuesday it is!!

I attempted to buy one if these mills that had never been used. The seller and I were too far apart on value.He is now seeing it my way, but I stumbled into a large Cincinnati before he did. It seems to be a good compact machine. Some big machine capabilities in a mill/drill footprint.

And I do like Doubleboost. He gets on with it without all the whining and complaining about metric and things made "across the pond".

I plan to watch Doubleshoot tonight.
I just looked through the two small boxes of tooling that came with it. He gave me everything he had because he's not getting another mill. Seven collets,
3/32 - 3/4, six large taps, six full end mills, and a box full of clamps of different sizes. It couldn't have been used much with no more than that I guess, or just doing the same thing over and over.
Tooling or not I feel like I got a heck of a deal.
I think a drill chuck will be my first purchase along with some mills.
Cheers

Doubleboost states his mill is a "626". Looks very similar to the ENCO. I am not familiar with the "626" model reference.

The milling vise looks like a nice big vise. It will be heavy for raising and the knee, especially with the swivel base. FYI, if your mill is like mine, the elevation crank is not the same as Bridgeports, if you had thought about purchasing a crank adapter for a cordless drill. My mill is 7 teeth vs Bridgeport havign 9 teeth.

A picture of my crank. Eagle eyed readers will see what looks like a crack in the lower left. Optical illusion. Not a crack - complete break. LOL

"Murphy" took the crank out of my hand when I was turning it backwards and dashed it to the concrete floor. I had planned on getting foam floor mats but did not have one that day. Only a week or so after getting the mill. I now do have foam floor mats.

I will make my own adapter eventually. I now have a rotary table. I may get some divider plates to dial in the angles.

I epoxied the broken tooth then drilled and pinned it. So far 6 months on and no issues. I also do not remove the crank anymore.

Grizzly_elevation_crank_broken_tooth_decent_fit_7573.jpg

At least it didn't hit you and hurt you
Thanks for the pointers.
I forgot, yes it does have a good sized vice with it.

No angle on that handle. Just straight across. A rotary table will do fine.

Doubleboost is a hoot.

IMG_3666.JPG IMG_3667.JPG IMG_3670.JPG Well, I finally got this machine home in my garage. A friend moved it for me first thing this morning and as soon as he loaded his forklift back onto his trailer it started raining. Got lucky. I have it mostly set in place, and wired up. I will give it a good clean down tomorrow and get it leveled up. It was built in 2002 but it's near spotless. Very little use. It has a DRO and oiler.

Back