Enco 8x30 Knee Mill weight

Nice clean machine. If mine were painted the same colour, it would be a twin. Had to be the same design and likely the same factory.

My machine also has an oiler. The top and front level cover were both cracked so I had to fix or replace. Most of the units I found on EBay were larger. I could have got the same size from a China supplier. I cleaned up the dried out oil and tested that the pump worked, so I decided to fix. I do wonder how/if the original owner was lubricating the ways.

I had a thick piece of plexiglass so I cut two pieces, one for the level cover and one for the top. I recycled the seal from the level cover. I decided to go simple with the top. I will remove the 4 screws when this needs to be refilled. I do like the clear cover.

Now the oiler is back to normal operation.

Mill_manual_lube_pump_cleaned_fixed_7543.jpg

Funny that you mention " how/ if original owner was lubricating the ways"
When I bought my little lathe I asked the seller to point out all the lubrication points and his response was " sorry I can't help you with that ".
The oiler was the first thing I checked. Just needs a good clean down.

Does anyone have a operation manual for this DRO? I found ether models online but haven't found this particular one.

Reactions: Z2V
Thanks Dave, I did find it in the discontinued section. There is one for three axis where I only have two but looks like a match otherwise.

I have this same mill enco 03193208 love never any problems with the operator is a different story. Bought it new in 2001. I am new and had not seen the foirm for enco machimes. I posted in the general shop fourm for spec on the motor frame I want to go 3 phase with a controler so I can have reverse and better speed control. Shoulders starting to complain about belt changes. The grizzly G078 has a 2 horse 3phase and looks the same mill frame as mine, try to get specs on that motor to see if it will work would like the frame and spindle dia and length if any of you have made this converison or know some with the G078 mill i would like to hear from you. I have been in contact with double boost from you tube he sent me a copy of the spec sheet on his motor nothing matched US execpt 3 phase.
Thanks
Scurv

Scurv
Have you called MSC? I talked to a lady there in the machine support department. She fixed me up with a owners manual and parts breakdown. They might be able to point you to a suitable 3ph motor that would be a direct replacement.
Like you, I don’t like changing the speed on this machine, it’s a PIA. I will be changing mine to either a 3 ph and VFD or a treadmill motor and controller. I’ll likely go the 3ph route in the end. I’ve looked closely at a motor/ drive pkg from Dealers. The motor is 143T frame , I’ll just take some measurements and make it fit. I don’t know it for fact but I suspect the OEM motor is metric.
http://dealerselectric.com/2-HP-1800-RPM-230-Volts-Input-Package.asp

The shaft on the motor is 3/4 dia and about about 3 3/8 long with 1 inch room for more shaft in the pulley, probably change the pulleys to a single any way. I will call MSC in the morning.

Thanks
Scurv

Reactions: Z2V
Back