ENCO Free Shipping/Discount Code of the Month!

I just got a email from MSC also, Marisa wanting me to update my phone number so that MSC could contact me. I am not sure what this is all about. Is MSC starting to feel the sting of their of their blunder AKA loss of sales and moving into damage control? If so, I personally feel that it is too late.
Like alloy, I am on the fence about talking to them, but I am thinking about it; however, I am not convinced that they really care or what to really to say to them other than the fact I feel that they really screwed up. So far my experience with the new MSC system is that it is a total disaster. The pricing left me totally confused to say the least, and I didn't see any discount at all. The fact that you will be paying sales tax that will add 10% to the total price does not help either LOL .

So has anyone else been contacted by MSC, if so please chime in and let us know.

Ya some woman called me a couple times till she finally got hold of me, she was pleasant, told me I would like the changes and more selection and all, but their website is horrible, the prices change when you put an item in your cart, it seems like too much bother. Shars and Ebay here I come.

michael

Hmmm...

Sounds like another company with a 'strategy'...

If it were me... and they got ahold of me on the phone (I would not be calling them)...
I would just say: Best price and deal gets the order... and I have about half a dozen suppliers I will check with EVERY time I need something.
So get in line, and send along your BEST deal the FIRST time.

IMO the economy is shrinking again... seems I get sales Emails and phone calls daily.

I received this e-mail message this morning. It is up to 35% off MSC Big Book prices so buyer beware. Also, the free shipping offer most excludes items not shipped by UPS Ground. SO CHECK THE BOTTOM LINE BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO BUY!

********************************************************************************************************************************
Double Dip - Two Days Only - Save up to 35% Off Plus Free UPS Ground Shipping*

Can't view this email? Click Here
msc_enco_masthead.jpg
160803_DOUBLE_encoV1.png
Enter Promo Code: EN35 | Offer Valid 8/3/16 - 8/4/16
Featured Products
3213532-22.jpg
End Mills

msc_shop-now_2016.png
0582873-22.jpg
Material Handling

msc_shop-now_2016.png
0629475-23.gif
Abrasives

msc_shop-now_2016.png

8449218-21.jpg
Safety

msc_shop-now_2016.png

msc_SalesFlyer_320x129_v2.png msc_clearance_chicklet_320x129.jpg
Enter code EN35 in the promotional code box in the Shopping Cart when ordering online. Promotional price and Free Shipping will be reflected at Checkout.

*Certain exclusions apply. Discounts may not apply to certain vendors. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. For sale items, discount will be taken off of current catalog price. If an item has an online or sale price and a promotion code is applied, MSC will automatically provide you the lowest of those prices and the discounted price. Items are discounted up to the discount shown or to the maximum extent possible for a particular manufacturer. Offer only valid within the contiguous 48 States (AK, HI, PR and International orders are excluded). Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Free Ground Shipping is not valid on COD orders. Free Ground Shipping is valid on small parcel standard ground orders for customers who do not participate in any UPS collect, 3rd party billing or consignee billing program. Not valid for “Get It Next Day”, Next Day Air Saver or any premium air upgrades. If you would like to upgrade you can upgrade your order for an additional charge at time of checkout. Offer ends at 11:30pm EDT.
********************************************************************************************************************************************

msc_shop-now_2016.png

msc_shop-now_2016.png

msc_shop-now_2016.png

Do we have a list of alternate suppliers sinc it seems like MSC is not going to be the "go to" place like enco was?

I am the typical hobby machinist with fairly small needs when it comes to this sort of stuff. With enco I always felt I was getting pretty good pricing on so much of the stuff that I didn't shop around too much just because it was easy to place one order for everything I needed. My current needs include misc small fasteners, drills, etc.

I don't do eBay, where is everybody going now for the stuff you would have ordered from enco?

If it is possible, I would love to see a short (one post) thread with a list of vendors and what they are best for.

Argggg, I miss enco...:(

Jim

Jim
You hit the nail on the head! I feel the same way as you do and I would like to see a similar list, if it is possible.

I'll make it number three who would like to have a similar list. JR49

Just for chits and giggles I tried that code posted above, they gave me less than 10 percent off a 259 buck end mill, same price as in the sale flyer, what a joke. I miss the deals MSC had a decade ago, great prices on Circle solid carbide boring bars, glad i bought them then.

michael

OK Guys and Gals, Here is the start on the list. To be most useful, it should probably be available as an Excel spreadsheet or Access database. I suspect that Excel will be more widely available. That said, it will have to reside in the download section?
Anyone who wishes to add additional vendors to the list should PM me with the information and I will update the list. Any suggestions as to how to make improvements to the the resource are also welcome.

Vendor List.JPG

I got the same email today and another phone call that I didn't answer. But on a side note, I was talking to my boss about all this and he uses MSC almost exclusively. But he gets a large discount already because of the amount he spends there. I told him about the EN35 code and it took ABOUT $40 off a $2300 plus order today. Wasn't much, but it was something. Apparently the discount didn't apply to everything he was buying.

I like the idea of a list or alternative suppliers. Be nice if we had a thread with just the suppliers and not a lot of conversation that we would have to sift through. Maybe a moderator could handle a thread like that for us.

Back