• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Enco Mill 100-1527 Price Check

1cjk

Registered
Registered
image.jpeg I found an Enco knee mill the other day for sale. The seller is out of town and will be back in a few days and would contact me to look at. I don't really know anything about them and was looking for some suggestions if this is a good capable mill for a novice. I believe it is a model 100-1527. He is asking $4200. Is that a good price if it is in a good clean solid condition or is that to much? I see them on Enco for $6264.

brav65

Active User
Registered
I would think $.50 on the dollar then add if there is extensive tooling, a nice vise, etc. I'm in Phoenix where used machines must be made out of gold because the pricing is so high. That mill would go for $5k with a little to no tooling.

jocat54

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I would think $.50 on the dollar then add if there is extensive tooling, a nice vise, etc. I'm in Phoenix where used machines must be made out of gold because the pricing is so high. That mill would go for $5k with a little to no tooling.
Phoenix must be like Texas---here they would want almost the price a new one sells for

1cjk

Registered
Registered
At the moment I don't know what comes with it if anything. I see from the pic it does have dro. As far as that model mill, is it a decent one?

AaronD

Registered
Registered
I just saw this mill on ebay and realized it looked familiar...I read this post a couple days ago. Seller is asking $3900, buy it now. A cash deal outside ebay would likely put it at around $3500

1cjk

Registered
Registered
I just saw this mill on ebay and realized it looked familiar...I read this post a couple days ago. Seller is asking $3900, buy it now. A cash deal outside ebay would likely put it at around $3500
That's interesting. I found it on a different site. It is located in the next city over from me. I contacted the seller and they are out of town at the moment. I may go look at this week. Are these Enco mills any good? I have a Pm 932 and was thinking about upgrading to a PM935tv until I saw this one that is really close to me.

AaronD

Registered
Registered
I really have no idea if they are any good. I see it has square ways for the y. Some think this is a better, more rigid design.

Verifying everything works is key.

If I was that close to it and in the market for a mill I'd be all over that.

1cjk

Registered
Registered
I have the model wrong. I is the larger 9x49 model #100-1599. I went and looked at it and it seems to be almost new looking. It was built in 2006. I may call him tomorrow and make an offer around $3500. It has an accu-rite dro and power table feed. It comes with a vise and the factory accessories.

bob308

Registered
Registered
I have one bought it over 20 years ago new. they are very good mills. on a par with a Bridgeport. if you need a mill at that price I would jump on it.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock