Enco Model ID help

CRTurboGuy

Registered
Registered
I just picked up an older Enco bench mill that I can't find any markings on in quick looking. Judging by the nameplate on the front, it's pretty old. Any ideas?

Attachments

• img5.png
    img5.png
    874.6 KB · Views: 9
  • img1.png
    img1.png
    552.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi and welcome.

I can't give you an exact Enco part number but the machine you have is an RF 25 or RF 30. They are very common and lots of folks on here use them.

John

The original manufacturer, lots of other companies have built them but I think older ones are more likely to be "genuine" Rong Fu.

John

In digging, it seems the biggest way I've seen to tell the difference is in the spindle stroke. The RF30 appears to have around 130 mm or ~5 inches, and the RF25 appears to have around 95 mm or 3.75 inches of spindle stroke.

This mill didn't come with the tool to tighten the column bolts, the one that looks somewhat like a lug nut wrench. Anyone know the name of this or where I could get a replacement? Best I can tell, it uses a 15/16 bolt head. Are they all that size or ???

Another thing, I've seen adapters for Bridgeport style machines to use a drill on the knee handwheel. Bridgeports seem to have a 9 spline 'handle' whereas it appears the RF style have a 3 spline? Does anyone know if anyone makes an adapter to use a drill like for the Bridgeport?

Back