Enco power feed

jdjax

Registered
Registered
Is there an adjustment for the x axis power feed, it is jumpy at slow speeds?

No adjustment that I know of, but take off your dial to get access to the gear that engages the feed and pack it full with wheel bearing grease. By full I mean pack it, turn it, and keep packing it until it's packed well and you'll be surprised at how much better it will run.

There is a height adjustment on the end of the add on casting that adjusts the enmeshment of the drive gear to the driven gear on the table. If it's too tight it will "jump". Good grease is a must. I use a synthetic water proof grease that has Teflon in it. I've seen first hand how this stuff is incredible at hanging in there when other greases quit. It's also imperative that your ways are lubed. This is a hassle because all we've got is those little ball Oilers and really you should pump them up in several places on the travel IMHO and you can do that with the front but only close to the ends of travel in the back. Use only good way oil, not motor oil, makes a HUGE difference. And lastly, when was the last time you pulled and cleaned your X&Y lead screws and their half nuts? This is what made the biggest difference on my RF30. Once again good grease on them is the secret.

Thank you both for the replies, I will get to work on your advice.

Maybe check the lead screw from the bottom to be sure it is clean and moves freely. Clean and oil it if it needs it.

Back