Enco / RF-128 4x6 Bandsaw Mods

As for leaky / spongy hydraulic cylinders, look to replace the seal that allows fluid to seep from the pressure side to the reservoir. The reason all the forklift, skytrack etc renters keep all those masts in the air is so come morning they know if 1 needs to be pulled for service. I tend to do the same with my bandsaw.

I did the handle mod. also stiffened the bottom of the stand. that made the whole saw a lot better. I bought it new in 81. still have it and use it a lot. most used machine in my shop. after 5 years I had to put a new motor on it. even bought a blade welder to make my own blades.

Is there a procedure for getting the blade to cut straight down square to the table? My blade scoops away from the table as it lowers to the base of the cut.

make shore the blade guides are vertical to the table. also run the back guide as close as possible to the work. also have at least 2 full teeth in contact with the work.

Is there a procedure for getting the blade to cut straight down square to the table? My blade scoops away from the table as it lowers to the base of the cut.
Make sure your frame is running true to the bed. That would be the first things to check. Hold a longish square to the blade and raise the frame. There should be no change in distance from the square to the blade.

Back