Enco RF-30 One Shot Lube System

TomS

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
On another forum thread a member asked me to post pictures of my RF-30 one shot lube system. I thought it best that the pictures and responses reside in this manufacturer specific forum. So here goes.

This is a Bijur pump that I bought used off of eBay. It has worked flawlessly for more than five years. It didn't have a plunger handle so I made one.
IMG_0371.JPG

This is the distribution manifold I made. I used Push-to-Connect fittings. On my CNC mill conversion I used 1/8" NPT x 1/4" hose compression fittings. Either will work.
IMG_0372.JPG

The system is plumbed using 1/4" OD Tygon tubing. The lube system feeds the X and Y dovetails, three axis handwheel support brackets, and the X and Y axis feed screw nuts.
IMG_0373.JPG

A close up shot of one side of the Y axis lube inlet.
IMG_0374.JPG

All I can say is WOW.
That's an impressive system.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Very impressive Tom! Nice work.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's one of those mods that has paid dividends in that the only way to lube the X and Y feed screw nuts is to stand on your head and manipulate a oil can in an awkward position to get oil in there. This mod makes it easy.

Thanks for posting the pics Tom. I must admit I didn't even know those needed to be lubed periodically. I mean I clean and squirt a couple of drops in the dove tails every now and again because I thought that made sense but I recall when I got my RF30 I didn't find any reference in the manual for periodically oiling any parts of the machine.
Also, when you say X and Y feed screws- same thing as the lead screws right?

lovely work. Quick Q - did you use flow metering whatsits and/ or ball check valves? I have a similar oiler on my 6x26 mill and it doesn't have check valves, so the oil drains out of some of the lines back into the reservoir, so I have to pump it several times to get those lines filled while the other lines pump too much oil. Be neat to stop that happening but I don't have a clue where to look!

I put a one-shot oiler, on the 1940 Bridgeport based Franken-Mill and the Atlas/Clausing (Johansson) milling machine based Franken-Drill. I made all of the line orifices and be set the flow to each port.

Thanks for posting the pics Tom. I must admit I didn't even know those needed to be lubed periodically. I mean I clean and squirt a couple of drops in the dove tails every now and again because I thought that made sense but I recall when I got my RF30 I didn't find any reference in the manual for periodically oiling any parts of the machine.
Also, when you say X and Y feed screws- same thing as the lead screws right?

Yes, feed screw or lead screw, they are the same.

lovely work. Quick Q - did you use flow metering whatsits and/ or ball check valves? I have a similar oiler on my 6x26 mill and it doesn't have check valves, so the oil drains out of some of the lines back into the reservoir, so I have to pump it several times to get those lines filled while the other lines pump too much oil. Be neat to stop that happening but I don't have a clue where to look!

I installed a check valve at the inlet to the distribution manifold. Take a look at the first picture. At the top of the manifold you will see a pipe nipple and a brass fitting on top. That is the check valve.

Back